Thursday, August 6, 2009

On My Own Time

It's Bunny...

The North Texas Business for Culture and the Arts puts on the "On My Own Time" Artshow each year to acknowledge and promote the talents of people who work for North Texas businesses. The NTBCA is a non-profit organization founded on 1988 to expand business support for and involvement in local arts and cultural organizations. You can visit the NTBCA website for more information.

Well it's that time of year again, the corporate in-house shows begin this week. I have entered four items this year. I'll be posting those at the conclusion of the exhibit.

Last year I entered three items in the 2008 "On My Own Time" Artshow. Two where entered in the Mixed Media category, "Faith" - a found object assemblage birdcage, and "Gilbert Lockheart" - a found object assemblage gentleman. I also entered "Sherry Time at 7" in the jewelry category.

Both "Gilbert Lockheart" and "Sherry Time at 7" won First Place ribbons in their categories at my workplace exhibit. "Gilbert" went on to be displayed at the city-wide exhibit at North Park Mall in Dallas.




"Faith - had she only known the key to freedom lay at her feet"


"Gilbert Lockheart" - the dashing young man that never
let the girls inside to break his heart



Sherry Time at 7 - Rosary beads, antique ladies watch,
antique buttons, Sherry decanter tag

No comments: