Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Time Again for the On My Own Time Art Show

The art is going up and it looks like it is going to be a great show this year.  The OMOT show is organized and produced by the Business Council for the Arts.  As you might remember my digital illustration "Horse Feathers" won Best of Show last year.  You can view the 2009 catalogue here.

I am very excited about the pieces I entered this year.  Two pieces have already been revealed here on our blog.  They were Christmas gifts made for family members..."Big Cheese" and "Lunchbox Kitty".  Since I hadn't been in the studio almost all year, I had to borrow back these pieces to put in the show.



I was able to get in the studio for a few weeks to put together one large Found Object Assemblage project to place in the show.  I have also entered an enhanced photograph.  These will be revealed after the judging of the show...about two weeks from now.

And even greater news, Rabbit's son, Zach, decided to enter an art piece he did for school.  Zach is an undergrad at the University of North Texas working towards an Art degree.  His project is so awesome!  He is actually competing against me in the Sculpture category!  I'm pretty competitive, but it would be great if he won.

No comments: